Sunday, March 2, 2008

Building A Log Cabin


I'm making a log cabin. I quilted one other log cabin. Now I remember why it took 3 years to make another They are boring, tedious and messy. But.... they look so good when they're done!
This one will have stars appliqued in the center of every four joined blocks. I'm halfway done building the cabin blocks and need to take a break, but I'm afraid if I start something else I'll break my New Years Resolution of finishing what I start. I know some qulters can work on 3-4 projects at a time. I've done that over the years and always feel scattered. And.. I have the propensity to leave things unfinished. So my resolution was to start new quilts, but I have to bring them all the way through the bordering process before I can start something else. Hmm, maybe working on a UFO will allow me a break from the cabins, yet not make me feel like I'm abandonning this one. For now, though, I'm just gonna stop all sewing for the day and see how I feel in the morning.

I'm a diabetic, and I've been really bad about eating sugar the past month or so. This morning I tested (not that I don't test 4 times a day anyway)and I was 230.. way too high. Time to get back on the stick!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Boring, tedious?? I love log cabin, they are so quick to make up

love and hugs xx

Susan said...

What size is that block? Are you going to join them lights together or darks together for the applique? Is it all scrappy?

Lay off the sugar! I want you to be around for a long time!