Sunday, November 30, 2008

T - 24 and counting

In 24 hours, my journey to a 'walking me' starts. Up until about an hour ago, I was not nervous. I shopped and spent money like a drunken sailor. My bedroom is redecorated - new drapes - new bed covering - a million little toss pillows (well ok that's an exageration, but it feels like it). Need to have a pretty room in which to recover.

I bought a gate to keep the critters out of the bedroom during said recovery time. I love my animals but do not need two ten pound cats and a 60 pound dog jumping on the bed, or worse, my new knee. So now, they just sit on the other side of the gate (we tried it out last night) and stare at me. Poor Edie, the big ol' hairy dog, has tried melting the metal of the gate. Another couple of days and she might succeed!

I've cooked and cooked. Mark should be fine finding food to reheat for the two of us. Robin will be here the first 6 days and will cook fresh for us. She's an awesome cook and I think it will give her purpose. There's something special about having your own private RN!

My tree is up and ready for the Season. Nightgowns selected and will pack later this morning. I even made myself 5 new pairs of pajamas for when I get home. Books and magazines also ready to go into the suitcase. Zune charged and headphones also will go into rumble.

And so, with these preparations done, I 'think' I am ready. Only problem, now I have nothing to do but be NERVOUS!

See you all when I get back

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Glad to see that you have updated your blog. Hope you are feeling better. Post an update soon! What colors did you put in your bedroom?
hugs,
Y

Anonymous said...

And how's that walking you going?

Anonymous said...

Hi Francine,

So good to read your blog and have u read mine! Hope your knee is doing well. Not sure when you had the operation. Have u recuperated? Are u thinking of moving to AZ? Love to Mark.
Love, Patricia

Moira said...

Hey Frannie - you still there? how are things going for you these days?