Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh My Stars!




Ta-daaaaaaa. I finished piecing together the Oh My Stars! quilt today. This quilt is the pattern Stars in My Cabin from Fons & Porter July/August 2006)I started stitching this one at The Retreat on Februrary 23, 2008. Not so bad, considering it's been tax season. My new regime of finishing a top all the way out to the borders before setting it aside for sandwiching and quilting seems to be working for me. That's the second one this year, third if you count Donna's graduation quilt which is still out at Ann's being quilted.

here's a close up pic of the border





so let's see.... 1728 strips plus stars in the quilt center... 750 pieces in the border.. 60 strips making up the corners.. for a total of about 3228 pieces in this baby!Is it any wonder I don't have any fingerprints left? This one is intended for Robin after quilting as I don't know anyone who loves stars more than she. After all... she is MY star! I plan on outline stitching the stars and then making three concentric circles in the area where the dark parts of the log cabins meet.

Now on to dancing through my fabric bins. I'm cutting for 2 scrappy quilts - a Double Irish Chain and another star quilt named Starlights. Been through the greens and yesterday started the purples. When I get tired of cutting, I have a few quilts that could be bound - my least favorite part of the whole process, but the one that finishes everything.

4 comments:

QltnRobin said...

OH MY STARS!!! Your going to give this to Me???? What a wonderful belated birthday present! I just LOVE Stars too! And Scrappy quilts are my favorite! WOW Such a wonderful Honor! Hahaha. Oh a DIFFERENT Robin. Darn. Not for me after all. But I still LOVE that quilt! Great job!
Quilty Hugs
Robin, in Idaho where its snowing on april 5

Natalie said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Can't wait to see your StarLights. I'm in the middle of cutting scraps for one called that, too. Wonder if it's the same one? I'm cutting enough for my sis and DIL to make one each, too.

WIPPYSPLACE said...

MOST LOVELY!!!!! stars and scraps go together very well and I love them to..so if'n Robin one and Robin two dont want you can send to me--I can change my name to Robin if I need to! *~*CAROLE*~*